Snowmobile AST 1 - Full Course - Online Class & Field Day in Valemount/McBride, BC (Horsey Creek)
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Tete Jaune Cache, British Columbia
- Product code: PL0D7R
This is the complete AST 1 course. Online Class and a Field Day. You are selecting the date for your field day. The online class is to be completed on your own time before the field day. The online class should take you 7-8 hours.
The field day will be held at Horsey Creek, which is half way between Valemount and McBride with local instructors and riders Mac Cochrane and Will Chitty.
In the AST 1 snowmobile course you’ll learn how to recognize avalanche terrain and how to self rescue. An AST 1 course is 2 parts. An online class session and a field day in the mountains. You are on the right track by signing up for this course. Be sure your whole riding group takes an AST 1 course, as just one trained person in a group is not enough.
You will be sent login details to complete your online class session.
The Thursday before your AST 1 field day, there will be an evening ZOOM video meeting where we will touch on current conditions and trip planning for the field day.
The location of your field day will be sent to you in your confirmation email.What you will learn in an AST 1:
- avalanche formation and release
- identify avalanche terrain
- the basics of trip planning
- optimal use of tools and resources like the avalanche forecasts and avaluator to mitigate your avalanche risk
- use appropriate travel techniques in avalanche terrain
- intro to companion rescue