Ski & Board AST 1 - Kicking Horse, Golden, BC
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PWYGJ5
Please choose your AST 1 Field Day date at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. Your AST 1 class session is online, and you can complete it at your own pace as long as it's finished before your AST 1 field day.
This is the course where you’ll learn how to recognize avalanche terrain and how to self rescue. Everyone in your riding group should take an AST 1 if you are venturing into the backcountry so you can call be an asset, not a liability. Recognize that an AST 1 course is only the beginning - the avalanche pros will tell you avalanche training is a life long process.
All AST participants need to read and understand the waiver and release of liability before making a booking. READ THE WAIVER
What you will learn in an AST 1:
- avalanche formation and release
- identify avalanche terrain
- the basics of trip planning
- optimal use of tools and resources like the avalanche forecasts to mitigate your avalanche risk
- use appropriate travel techniques in avalanche terrain
- intro to companion rescue