Snowmobile AST 1 - Field Day - Valemount/McBride, BC (Horsey Creek)
- Durata: 8 Ore (aprox.)
- Locatie: Tete Jaune Cache
- Cod produs: P9KPGN
The field day will be held at Horsey Creek, which is half way between Valemount and McBride.
Your AST 1 field day will be taught local riders and experience instructors Mac Cochrane and/or Will Chitty.
In this AST 1 snowmobile field day you’ll learn how to recognize avalanche terrain and how to self rescue. The AST 1 field day is a full day in the mountains, so come prepared with your avalanche gear, warm layers, warm balaclava and gloves/mitts for the trail ride in and lunch.
What you will learn in an AST 1:
- avalanche formation and release
- identify avalanche terrain
- the basics of trip planning
- optimal use of tools and resources like the avalanche forecasts to mitigate your avalanche risk
- use appropriate travel techniques in avalanche terrain
- intro to companion rescue